5 more reasons to hire veterans
- Respect for procedures and accountability. Read more about it.Service Members know how policies and procedures enable an organization to be successful and they easily understand their place within an organizational framework. Service Members understand the responsibility that comes with being responsible for the actions of subordinates and they understand how to properly elevate issues through the proper supervisory channels.
- Hands on experience with technology and globalization. Read more about it.Today's military uses the cutting-edge technology to maintain our dominance over the enemy in the battlefield. From communications technology to the security of computer networks and hardware, Service Members must stay aware of emerging technologies in the public and private sector.
- Strong personal integrity. Read more about it.Military training demands that individuals not only abide by a strong Code of Ethics, but that they live it each and every day. Military personnel are often trusted with security clearances that give them access to highly sensitive information. An employee with a proven track record of trustworthiness is often an asset to an organization.
- Strong sense of health, safety and property standards. Read more about it.Service Members are aware of health and safety protocols both for themselves and the welfare of others. Individually, they represent a drug-free workforce that is cognizant of maintaining personal health and fitness. On a company level, their attentiveness and care translate into respect for employees, property and materials.
- Triumph over adversity. Read more about it.In addition to dealing positively with the typical issues of personal maturity, Service Members have frequently triumphed over great adversity. Service Members have proven their mettle in mission critical situations demanding endurance, stamina and flexibility. In the case of wounded warriors, they have overcome severe disabilities, acquired injuries (including invisible injuries) through strength, determination and personal conviction.